



Pic 2: That's her way of showing happy. Putting two fingers on both of her cheeks.
Pic 3: Daddy's surprise birthday cakes
Pic 4: Zoe helping daddy to wash his car
Pic 5: Back in Penang with Popo and Kong Kong
Pic 6: Wearing daddy's singlet. She looks like she's taking part in choir
Just when I thought parenting becomes easier as Zoe grows older, I just realized that I was wrong. It gets harder especially at this tender year, 2 years old. Maybe the word "no" doesn't quite register with her nowadays. Read an article yesterday and the good thing was, there are plenty of alternatives to this overused command. As parents, we have to think of ways to discipline our child which best suits her character. Maybe ten no’s will get Zoe to respond positively. Whenever we asked her not to do something, she will want to test us to our limits. Well, after much attempt, Muk Hian and I realized that we can’t get Zoe to control herself, no matter how emphatically we tell her to stop what she’s doing. I guess she responds much better to positive instructions and the ‘soft approach’ than the caning and whacking.
Last night, she was crying like mad from 6.30pm to 9pm. This was the first time we saw her in this condition. Everything didn’t seem to work for her. Her favourite Barney show only managed to calm her down for just a couple of minutes. Her favourite ‘Kuaci’ only worked for 5 minutes the most. Finally we took her for a car ride. She drank the milk, resting on her dad’s arms, demanding me to keep the car lights on and then she fell asleep. We were so hopeless at that time. The only thing we could do was to pray and ask God for wisdom. She had been cranky for the past few days due to the bad cough. For two consecutive days, she vomited every time after milk. In that two days, I took 3 comforters to the laundry shop and washed 2 bedsheets. (Now I remembered how my mum single-handedly washed me and my blanket each time I vomited when I was young)
Anyway to cut the whole story short, parenting needs grace.
Last night, she was crying like mad from 6.30pm to 9pm. This was the first time we saw her in this condition. Everything didn’t seem to work for her. Her favourite Barney show only managed to calm her down for just a couple of minutes. Her favourite ‘Kuaci’ only worked for 5 minutes the most. Finally we took her for a car ride. She drank the milk, resting on her dad’s arms, demanding me to keep the car lights on and then she fell asleep. We were so hopeless at that time. The only thing we could do was to pray and ask God for wisdom. She had been cranky for the past few days due to the bad cough. For two consecutive days, she vomited every time after milk. In that two days, I took 3 comforters to the laundry shop and washed 2 bedsheets. (Now I remembered how my mum single-handedly washed me and my blanket each time I vomited when I was young)
Anyway to cut the whole story short, parenting needs grace.


No comments:
Post a Comment