

Photo #1: Baby Zaphanie (youngest twin)
Photo #2: Baby Daphanie (eldest twin)
Making the choice to deliver in Seri Kota Specialist Medical Centre has been something which I never regretted doing so. Thanks to our heavenly Father who allows the delivery to hold on till 37 weeks plus. If it had been earlier than that, I would have had delivered the twins in the government hospital. Perhaps the moment of delivery there, not knowing who will be attending to me, or whether would the normal delivery be safe for Zaphanie, would not have been that trilling and amazing for me compared to having to deliver in Seri Kota.
Wednesday night was a sleepless night for me. Woke up around 5am on Thursday morning,23rd July to get myself ready for C-sect. Took a slow shower, woke Muk Hian up, gave a stroke to Zoe who was fast asleep and off we went to Seri Kota Medical Centre. Got myself admitted to Room 708A. I was the only patient there. Took my last photo, pregnant. The nurse came to change me and did whatever they needed to do with me for delivery.
8.00: I was pushed to the waiting room outside OT. Everyone was so excited to know that I was carrying twins. Checked my blood pressure and off I went into the OT. Dr Soh warmly welcomed me. I was freezing and shivering like mad. The male nurse gave the warmer to warm me down. Took my epidural. It was not painful at all, just that I had to curl myself like a prawn. Once the epidural took effect, everything happened so fast. I felt as if I was acting in the ER sitcom. Everyone was busy, checking my BP, ensuring my oxygen level, stabilizing the babies, checking the amount of equipments, paediatric getting ready to receive my girls, etc.
8.28: Arrival of Daphanie. She was 2.7 kg.
8.30: Arrival of Zaphanie. Zaph decided to detour, from head down, Cephalic to breech position. The midwife tried to stabilize the baby while Dr Soh took her out. She was 2.2 kg.
9.20: Out from the OT. Muk Hian warmly welcomed me outside the OT.
So if you ask me, why C sect for my twins and not vaginal delivery. Well I could still go ahead for a normal delivery eventhough I was afraid of breech delivery but by doing so, I will have to let the ‘bidan’ (if I deliver in Klang GH) or Dr Soh (private obstetrician) be in total control. I would have to have an epidural so that I would have no urge to push and the dr would monitor the whole procedure and tell me exactly what to do and when. There was also no guarantee that after all the pushing I would not end up with an emergency C sect and worse (heads get stuck, cord entangled, etc). It carries a very small risk (around 1%), but a risk all the same. If something went wrong, how could I live with myself?
Anyway, life truly begins on Saturday afternoon (25.9.09) when the girls are back from the hospital. Looking at my beautiful twins, truly make me the proudest woman on earth.
Wednesday night was a sleepless night for me. Woke up around 5am on Thursday morning,23rd July to get myself ready for C-sect. Took a slow shower, woke Muk Hian up, gave a stroke to Zoe who was fast asleep and off we went to Seri Kota Medical Centre. Got myself admitted to Room 708A. I was the only patient there. Took my last photo, pregnant. The nurse came to change me and did whatever they needed to do with me for delivery.
8.00: I was pushed to the waiting room outside OT. Everyone was so excited to know that I was carrying twins. Checked my blood pressure and off I went into the OT. Dr Soh warmly welcomed me. I was freezing and shivering like mad. The male nurse gave the warmer to warm me down. Took my epidural. It was not painful at all, just that I had to curl myself like a prawn. Once the epidural took effect, everything happened so fast. I felt as if I was acting in the ER sitcom. Everyone was busy, checking my BP, ensuring my oxygen level, stabilizing the babies, checking the amount of equipments, paediatric getting ready to receive my girls, etc.
8.28: Arrival of Daphanie. She was 2.7 kg.
8.30: Arrival of Zaphanie. Zaph decided to detour, from head down, Cephalic to breech position. The midwife tried to stabilize the baby while Dr Soh took her out. She was 2.2 kg.
9.20: Out from the OT. Muk Hian warmly welcomed me outside the OT.
So if you ask me, why C sect for my twins and not vaginal delivery. Well I could still go ahead for a normal delivery eventhough I was afraid of breech delivery but by doing so, I will have to let the ‘bidan’ (if I deliver in Klang GH) or Dr Soh (private obstetrician) be in total control. I would have to have an epidural so that I would have no urge to push and the dr would monitor the whole procedure and tell me exactly what to do and when. There was also no guarantee that after all the pushing I would not end up with an emergency C sect and worse (heads get stuck, cord entangled, etc). It carries a very small risk (around 1%), but a risk all the same. If something went wrong, how could I live with myself?
Anyway, life truly begins on Saturday afternoon (25.9.09) when the girls are back from the hospital. Looking at my beautiful twins, truly make me the proudest woman on earth.
1 comment:
congratulations Joanne! I have been waiting for your news and finally the twins have arrived.. I am really happy for you! Take good care..
Post a Comment