Friday, April 13, 2007

Reflections of a mother



Dearest Zoe,
I gave you life, but cannot live it for you
I can teach you things, but I cannot make you learn
I can give you directions, but I cannot be there to lead you
I can allow freedom, but I cannot account for it
I can take you to church, but I cannot make you believe
I can teach you right from wrong, but I cannot always decide for you
I can buy you beautiful clothes, but I cannot make you beautiful inside
I can offer you advice, but I cannot accept it for you
I can give you love, but I cannot force it upon you
I can teach you to share, but I cannot make you unselfish
I can teach you to respect, but I cannot force you to show honor
I can advise you about friends, but cannot choose them for you
I can advise you about sex, but I cannot keep you pure
I can tell you the facts of live, but I can't built your reputation
I can tell you about drinking, but I can't say "no" for you
I can warn you about drugs, but I can't prevent you from using them
I can tell you about lofty goals, but I can't achieve them for you
I can teach you about kindness, but I can't force you to be gracious
I can warn you about sins, but I cannot make you moral
I can love you as a child, but I cannot place you in God's family
I can pray for you, but I cannot make you walk with God
I can teach you about Jesus, but I cannot make Jesus your Lord
I can tell you how to live, but I cannot give you eternal life
I can love you with unconditional love all of my life...and I will

Love always,
Mummy


Dear mummy,
Thank you for loving me with your unconditional love. You are the best!
Love always from Joanne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow...:)