Monday, June 01, 2009

Bakchang vs cupcakes







Picture 1: Completed cupcakes. Zoe's taking it to her babysitter's place
Picture 2 Daddy guiding Zoe with the icing decoration
Picture 3: Dumping the butter into the mixer



Mum told me couple of days ago that it's bakchang festival and she asked if I had any at home to eat. Well, obviously we don't and besides we don't really fancy it.

Anyway, we didn't eat dumpling yesterday but instead we made cupcakes. It was raining cats and dogs yesterday afternoon and Zoe was awakened by the sound of the lightning. I had always wanted to do something with her before the arrival of the twins, so I decided to make CUPCAKES and get her to decorate the icing.


Got all the ingredients ready. Got Zoe to sieve the flour, measure the sugar, count the eggs, dump the butter into the mixer and finally mixed it all up in the mixer. (though I am not too sure which goes in first into the mixer - kasi hantam all in only). Then finally, baking it. All in all, we baked around 16 cupcakes.

ok....came the icing time. Oh my goodness, I have no idea how to make the icing. Called my student's mum and called kayma to ask for the ingredient. After some mix and match, we (Mhian, Zoe and myself) finally got the icing we wanted. The best part was getting Mhian and Zoe to decorate the icing on the cupcakes. Well, looking at both of them and the excitement in them truly make me feel like the most blessed woman on earth. I am truly deeply blessed to have a husband who always participates and is always around. He did all the washing, guided Zoe into decorating the cupcakes and allowed us to mess around at home. This is truly my ideal family lifestyle. Now I am looking forward for more of such activities with the twins.

No comments: