Everyday is a waiting period for me and with lots of question marks.
When will I have those contractions?
When will my water bag break?
Will I be near the hospital when that pain comes?
Will it be tonight?
Will I need to be induced?
Will there be vacancy of beds in first class ward?
This is my second pregnancy, I roughly know what is expected of this delivery and it makes me even more anxious. 3 weeks ago, Dr Lilian George (Gynae from HTAR) gave me 4 jabs (DEXA) which was to be given every 12 hourly to boost babies’ lungs.
Was on my weekly checkup in Hospital Tengku Ampuan Rahimah (HTAR) last last wed (24.6.09) and told my gynae that I had frequent contractions, but not intense. Straight away she admitted me to the hospital! So here’s the journey of my 5 days stay in the Klang General Hospital
Wed (24.6.09)
2pm
: In PAC (Patient Assessment Centre) for pregnant woman. Numerous nurses and Medical Officers (MO) checking my contractions.
5pm
: Was placed in the labour room. Bidans conducting CTG every 1 hour (checking of babies’ heartbeat)
: Super backache, coz Zaph wasn’t really cooperative. She kept moving and could not get accurate heartbeat reading. Had to redo each time. 20 minutes scan became nearly 2 hours scan.
: Given ‘TOCOLYSIS” every 15 minutes for 6 times, then every 6 hours for 4 days
: Contractions continued every half and hour
Thursday (25.6.09)
11am
: Contractions stopped
: Was transferred to Ward 1A (3rd class ward)
: Nearly “died-ed” there.
: 35 beds, no air-cond, husbands and visitors walking in and out freely, mothers breastfeeding freely (Cultural shock). 4 squatting toilets (I wonder how pregnant ladies going to squat and do ‘their business’. Was given ‘free sauna” – VERY HOT
: Booked first class ward (desperately needed it)
7pm
: Finally got to see Muk Hian.
7.05 pm
: Security guard ‘shooed’ every visitors out from the ward. Felt so sad, coz only get to see Mhian for less than 5 minutes
8.15 pm
: Got my first class ward FINALLY! HALLELUJAH!. Muk Hian had to pay deposit RM 800 immediately.
8.30pm
: Finally in Ward 1D (first class). Only 4 comfortable beds, with lots of privacy, big bathroom with water heater. Food and services there were so so so so much better.
Cut the whole story short…………..
Sunday (28.6.09)
: Finally got the green light from Dr Faruok (Obstetric and Gynecology Pengarah) to be discharged. I truly deeply missed Zoe. Did not see her for 5 longgggggg days only spoke to her on the phone…… She wasn’t allowed to visit me due to the H1N1 cases in the hospital.
No comments:
Post a Comment