I sat at my office today at my little quiet corner and started to day dream. It's way pass 1.20pm. School bell just rang. Suddenly the phone rang. There were about 3 Heads of School including myself and 2 teachers in that room who were photostating and when the phone rang, everyone just sat at their place. Hey I was no where near the phone. It rang for nearly a minute and nobody bothered to pick up the phone. I took a peep to see if any of them were on earphones. To my horror, they were just so slumber sitting at their seat as if nothing just happen and besides, they were just a table away from the phone! Gosh, it truly irritated my soul!! Can you imagine.. a pregnant lady sitting one end at the very far corner.... stood up and went to pick up that pathetic phone. My of my.. Call themselves Heads of Schools huh? Teachers!! The ethical mentors and models? Hmmm...
Recently I have been asking myself, "What's my motivation factor?" Days seemed pretty mundane in school recently. The journey from home to work everyday is as if I'm dragging the "Klang cows" to Jalan Ampang.(just incase you are wondering, there's alot of cows roaming around in Klang, especially at night)Well, the journey to school is beginning to drain me emotionally and physically. I had to really do some "soul searching". Been asking God to show me a direction in life.
I guess my only motivation now is to support my beloved husband emotionally and mentally in his work. Hmm...How do I do so? .....
1. Be a good wife. (been trying to cook, but sometimes my physical body doesn't permit me to do so) Well, it wasn't that bad for the last few weeks. I managed to cook at least 2-3 times per week.
2. Be understanding and learn to listen.
So what's next?
1. Be a good mother to my little princess. (been trying hard not to get agitated with my students in class. Just in case it might affect the baby)
2. Read as many articles as possible on "Good parenting".
3. Start to talk to my baby about who Jesus is. Been teaching her to sing worship songs. Speaking in tongues and praying.
Well, I got to keep my mind focus on what God wants me to do at the present moment in Fairview and to keep a well balance life especially with my family. I'm called to Fairview for a reason. Is God please with what I am doing in Fairview? Many colleagues had already left Fairview. Many a times, I asked God... why? Well, it's not for me to find out. For now, one thing I know for sure is to be a good teacher, good wife and a good mummy to Zoe. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment