Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The early princess


A dear colleague of mine (Rachel) told me I might be delivering early. Sounds impossible to me. Was preparing for the arrival of baby Zoe. Went to the furniture shop to buy the baby cot. Honestly, I was thinking of cutting my hair on week 36 as I believed that would be the ideal time to do so.

I was supposed to due on 22nd February. I thought that would be such a great date as it's also hubby's birthday. Besides, I would be able to eat all that I can during Chinese New Year.

Well, many a times, life never turned out the way you thought it would be. On 20th Jan, Saturday, Muk Hian went for a wedding dinner near Klang town and I was left alone at home. Thought it would be a great opportunity to make myself Egg and Cheese Tuna toasted sandwich for myself. After eating at about 8.30pm, I had such sudden pain in my tummy. Told myself that it could be 'Braxton Hicks contraction'. The pain became worst..... I thought to myself that there should be intervals in between according to my gynae. Lo and behold, it was getting worst. Called my gynae an hour later and he told me that it could be false alarm. I was way too early to due and he asked me to rest. Well, I obeyed him and tried to rest. It got worst and I felt like the baby's head pressing so badly on my lower abdomen. I knew it was time for me to meet Zoe.

My gynae called again the second time and at that time, I was really in great pain. Muk Hian rushed home to bring me to the hospital. Reached the hospital at about 1030pm and I delivered my princess Zoe at about 11.04pm.

Zoe was borned at 35 weeks 3 days in Sri Kota Medical Centre and weigh at 2.4 kg. The moment she came out, she cried and was seen playing with bubbles. The nurse brought her to my side and I gave her my first kiss. It was also my very first time seeing Muk Hian looking at Zoe with so much pride and joy. Praise God for safe delivery and His hands of protection over me and Zoe. Praise God for giving Muk Hian the boldness and courage to be in the labour room with me to witness the birth of Zoe.

Well, imagine if I have to deliver halfway in the car. It was truly a miracle to deliver Zoe at 35 weeks plus with only less than 2 hours contractions. It was a beautiful 8 months of pregnancy and delivery. All glory and praises to our Lord Jesus Christ.

Zoe is now 2 months 6 days old. It's such a joy to have her in our lives. Things are no longer the same before having her. It's all for the better. Having her strengthens my relationship with Muk Hian and most of all, it strengthens my relationship with my parents in law. Zoe now weighs at 4.7kg. Such vast increase over 2 months. She's beginning to recognise us and knows how to smile already. She is truly our darling girl.

1 comment:

bien said...

zoe is sooooooooo cuteeeeeeee!